WSPA Refunds and Returns Policy
Washington State Psychological Association maintains the following refund/return policies:
WSPA Membership Dues
- WSPA does not extend refunds on membership dues unless an overpayment has been made. Overpayments may be applied to a continuing education workshop that is within 30 days of the overpayment.
- Questions regarding membership including WSPA charges to credit cards one wishes to dispute, should be directed to the WSPA business office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Continuing Education Refund Policies
- During early bird registration period registrants will receive a 100% refund of fees if notified within 3 days (to allow for requests made after 3 pm on a Friday). A 90% refund of fees when notified after 3 days.
- During regular registration period a 75% refund of registration fees.
- During late registration period no fees will be refunded.
- Refund request due to special circumstances will be evaluated on a case by case basis. Refunded fees may be applied to new membership dues or membership dues renewal.
REFUNDS AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE AND PURCHASE OF DIGITAL FILES
No refunds will be issued on any digital files after they have been downloaded.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE AND PURCHASE
Please read through the following Terms and Conditions of Sale and Purchase (“Terms”) carefully. They comprise the terms on which you are permitted to purchase items from WSPA (“us”, also referred to here as “we”) on this website (the “Website”). If you submit an order for any item advertised for sale on the Website, this shall be taken to constitute acceptance by you of the Terms and Conditions as well as these Terms:
FORMATION OF CONTRACT OF SALE
- If you wish to purchase any items for sale on this Website, you must submit a completed order form. Your order will not be accepted unless you provide a valid credit or debit card number at the time you place your order. If we agree to accept your order, we will confirm this by email (the “Confirmation”) and will supply the items you have ordered (the “Product”) to you in accordance with the Confirmation and with these Terms. At this time, we can only accept orders for a single copy of any Product for a single user at any one time.
- The sale and purchase of Products via this Website will be governed by a contract between you and us formed when you have placed an order, your order has been accepted by us and we have sent you Confirmation of the order (the “Contract”). Please note that, as soon as you complete your payment, your order will be sent to our processing server and we will be unable to prevent your items being dispatched to you. No returns or refunds will be provided.
- The terms of the Contract will comprise these Terms, as amended or updated by us from time to time, and the prices (subject to clause 10 hereof) and other relevant information about the Products published by us on this Website at the time the Contract is formed.
- We reserve the right to change these Terms at our discretion. We agree to ensure that a note of the date and clause number of any such changes will be included as part of these Terms. Any changes will be posted to the Website and it is your responsibility to ensure, from time to time, that you are aware of any such changes. Changes will become effective 24 hours after first posting and you will be deemed to have accepted any change if you continue to shop on the Website after that time.
- You acknowledge and agree that, in entering into a Contract, you do not rely on and have no remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, warranty or understanding (whether negligently or innocently made) of any person (whether party to the Contract or not) which is not expressly set out or referred to in the Contract. This is not intended to limit or exclude liability for fraud on our part.
ORDERS AND QUOTES
- You acknowledge that all information and specifications relating to the Products and any material produced by us are approximate only.
- We may correct any error in any unconfirmed order, sales literature or other document or information issued by us or placed on this Website without any liability.
- We may make any changes in the specification of the Products to conform with any applicable safety or other statutory requirements which do not materially affect their quality or performance. The Website is intended for Washington State residents only and we make no representations or warranties that anything within the Website conforms to the statutory requirements of any other state or country.
- The price of each Product shall be the recommended retail price for that Product that is quoted on this Website on the date you place your order, subject to any inadvertent pricing errors (whether technical or otherwise) by us, unless a special promotional price or other discounts are stated on the Website in respect of a Product. WSPA members receive a discount of 20% on any Product they purchase. All WSPA members will receive a refund back within three (3) working days of placing their order. Non-WSPA members are required to pay full price.
- Where a variety of discounts apply (though promotional offers and/or personal discounts available to you) only one discount can be used against each Product.
- The method of delivery applicable will be those quoted on this Website on the date of the order. The delivery address for the Product will be the installed reader on your computer and there will be no charge for postage, packaging or delivery.
- The stated price of the Products is exclusive of any applicable Federal or State Sales tax.
- We reserve the right to revise the price of any items on this Website without notice. We also reserve the right to refuse to supply to you, whether you are an individual or company, for whatever reason.
- Credit card and debit card payments will be processed on the date on which we dispatch your order.
- The credit cards and debit cards that we will accept are those listed on this Website on the date on which we accept your order.
- he time and method for delivery will be at our discretion. The place of delivery will be the i address you enter for delivery on the Website. Time for delivery shall not be of the essence.
- Preorders will not be available.
RISK AND OWNERSHIP
- Risk of damage or loss of the Products shall pass to you on delivery or, if you fail to take delivery of the Products, at the time when we have tried to deliver the Products.
- The Product is a copyright of the WSAP and is not intended for resale or public distribution.
- All intellectual property and other proprietary rights (including, but not limited to, brand names, product names, copyright and trade marks) and all technical, business or similar information (including, but not limited to, all designs, documents and other materials relating to the Products) used in the Products (together “the Intellectual Property”) are and shall remain the property of us or of our licensors.
- Other than as stated in Clauses 23 and 24 below, we do not grant permission for the use of the Intellectual Property and such use may constitute an infringement of the holder’s rights.
- All Website design, text and graphics appearing on this Website and the selection or arrangement thereof are the copyright of us or of our licensors. Permission is granted to print once in hard copy portions of this Website for the sole purpose of placing an order with or using this Website as a shopping resource. Any other use of materials on this Website (including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above and modification, distribution, or republication in any form or media) without our prior written permission is strictly prohibited.
- In the case of PDFs, permission is granted to download your PDF to any installed readers on your devices for your personal business use at any time, provided that:
- the PDF and its associated download link is not distributed or transmitted over any network or communication link
- the PDF is used for personal business only;
- the PDF is not copied or modified in any way;
- you do not remove any copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the PDF.
- This permission granted to you may not be transferred to a third party, nor may you sublicense any of your rights under it.
- This permission is effective until terminated. You can terminate it at any time by destroying the Product. It will also terminate automatically if you fail to comply with any part of this Clause, you agree to delete the PDF immediately on any such termination.
- We are the owner of the WSPA trademarks and get-up. Any other trademark materials, including, but not limited to, product names and company names or logos cited herein are the property of their respective owners.
LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY
- We shall not be liable in respect of any defect in the Products arising from your neglect, failure to follow our instructions, misuse or improper alteration or repair of the Products.
- Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit our liability 24for fraud or for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or any other liability to the extent that we cannot so exclude or limit such liability as a matter of law.
- Save as expressly provided in these Terms, the Products are provided on an “as is” basis and all warranties conditions terms and liabilities express or implied by statute are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law and we will not be liable to you for any loss of any kind whatsoever which arises out of the breach of implied warranties or conditions or breach of any other duty of any kind imposed on us by operation of law.
- We will not be liable for any of the following losses which may arise by reason of any breach of a Contract or any implied warranty, condition or other term, any representation or any duty of any kind imposed on us by operation of law:
- any loss of anticipated profits or expected future business;
- damage to reputation or goodwill;
- any damages costs or expenses payable by you to any third party;
- loss of any order or contract; or
- any loss that was not foreseeable by you and WSPA at the time our Contract was formed; or
- any loss not caused by an intentional or negligent breach on the part of WSPA.
- Without prejudice to any other provision of these Terms, we will not be in breach of the Contract for any delay in performing, or failure to perform, our obligations under it if that delay or failure was due to any cause or circumstance beyond our reasonable control. This clause does not affect your statutory rights.
- We are providing the Website on an “as is” basis and we make no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to the Website or its contents and disclaim all such representations and warranties.
WITHDRAWAL AND USE OF PRODUCTS
- We may withdraw from the market any Products that we produce or generally supply without prior notice, or liability, to you.
- If we provide you with information about the use for which the Products are designed and about any conditions necessary to ensure that the Products will be safe, then you must use the Products accordingly.
- Any notice required under these Terms must be in writing. In our case it must be addressed to our registered office or principal place of business or any other address that we notify to you from time to time whether on the Website or otherwise. Any notices to you will be sent to your usual billing address.
Any notice shall be deemed to be served:
- if sent by pre-paid first class post to the party to whom it is given, on the second working day after posting; or
- if sent by pre-paid air-mail post to the party to whom it is given, on the seventh working day after posting; or
- if sent by fax to the recipient’s fax number at the date and time given on the sender’s transmission acknowledgement slip or (in the case of manifest error or loss of the slip) on receipt.
- If any of these Terms is held by any competent authority to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part then the validity of the other provisions of these Terms and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected and shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Each Contract shall be governed by the law of the State of Washington and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Spokane County Washington if there are any disputes between them of any kind.
- Failure or neglect by either party to enforce at any time any of these Terms shall not be a waiver of that party’s rights and it shall not affect the validity of the whole or any part of these Terms or the Contract or prejudice that party’s right to take subsequent action.
- Nothing in these Terms is intended to confer on any third party any benefit or any right to enforce any of these Terms.