How to Apply for CE Credit
Psychologists in Washington State must renew their licenses yearly.
Currently, they must accrue 60 hours of Continuing Education credit every three years, with at least 4 hours in ethics.
Every six years, psychologists are required to obtain 6 hours of credit in suicide intervention from a list of approved programs. Visit the Washington State Department of Health Psychologist page which contains information on licensing requirements.
Washington State Psychological Association appreciates your interest in providing continuing education to psychologists. As we are approved by the American Psychological Association to offer CE credits to psychologists in Washington, the following application, documentation, and review process is required. WSPA is not qualified to give CE credit for web-based CE events at this time.
WSPA is approved to co-sponsor your CE events for psychologists by approving workshops, lectures, and conferences. All programs considered for co-sponsorship must meet APA's Standards and Criteria.
At any point in the CE development process, you may contact WSPA for technical assistance.
For resources and information, visit the CE Toolkit
Application timeline and terms:
- All programs considered for co-sponsorship must meet APA's Standards and Criteria.
- The complete application is due 60 days before the scheduled event date. For example, an application for a CE workshop scheduled for June 1 must be submitted no later than April 2.
- Any applications submitted less than 60 days out will be rejected without review.
- The first review of your application will be completed within 30 days. If the application requires changes, you will be invited to revise and resubmit your application. The revision is due within 5 business days from notification. You may re-submit your application with adjustments without additional fees. Your re-submitted application will be reviewed within 30 days.
- If your application is denied, a detailed explanation will be provided.
The complete application consists of:
- CE Application Form
- Course Syllabus
- Learning Assessment
- Evaluation Form
- Participant Sign-In Sheet
- All Brochures and Promotional Materials
- CV for every presenter
- Presentation slides and handouts (if available).
- Once your event has concluded, the following must be mailed to WSPA:
- Documentation of attendance (completed Sign-in/Sign-out Sheet).
- An Evaluation Summary
- All Program Evaluations
- CE Certificate Request Form
- The fee for certificates ($15 per each certificate requested).
9 S. Washington St., Suite 201
Spokane, WA 99201
Certificates will not be issued without valid proof of attendance. The list of attendees will be kept in our office for three years following the event; there will be a $25.00 charge for all re-issued certificates.
APA allows 30 days after we receive documentation to send out participation certificates.