2021 - Virtual Poster Session
This event has been rescheduled for February 5, 2021
Call for Student Posters for the WSPA’s 2020 VIRTUAL Student Poster Session
Submission Deadline: Friday, January 8, 2021
Application Notification Deadline: Friday, January 22, 2021
Washington State Psychological Association will host a virtual student poster session on Friday, February 5, 2021 from 12:00pm-1:30pm. The poster session follows WSPA’s Virtual Convention, which took place on October 16 - 18.
Graduate and undergraduate students in psychology, including doctoral interns and postdoctoral residents in Washington State are invited to submit posters on any ongoing or completed research, especially any research highlighting this year’s Fall Convention’s theme: Fostering Resilience in Challenging Times.
- Students must be WSPA members to submit a poster. Student membership is $35.
- If you are a doctoral intern or a postdoctoral resident and not currently a WSPA member, WSPA offers the same special discounted membership fee of $35 if you join NOW to present your poster. Please click here to join WSPA, if you’re currently not a student member.
Instructions for VIRTUAL Poster Presentations
Interested students must be WSPA members and need to log in to their account to submit a poster application and abstract.
Applications for the poster session must include the following information and can be submitted by logging into your account:
- Name of the presenter(s).
- Name of professor/instructor sponsoring poster submission.
- Title of the poster session.
- Abstract of no more than 500 words.
- Contact information, including email & phone number.
WSPA Student members can submit their poster proposals here.
VIRTUAL Poster Presentations on FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 5th from 12:00 PM-1:30PM will take the following format:
- Each student presenter will have up to 10 minutes to present their poster by sharing a Power Point (PP) presentation of their poster content, in lieu of an actual physical poster.
- The PP presentation must not exceed 7-8 slides.
- The presentation will be followed by Q&A with the audience and presenter(s).
- The student and/or other co-presenter(s) are encouraged to invite any guests of their choosing to attend the virtual presentation.
Poster session applications must be submitted online NO LATER THAN Friday, January 8, 2021, 5pm PST. Please log into your account to submit your poster proposal online.
All poster session applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis by the WSPA Conference Programming Committee. The primary presenter will be notified no later than Friday, January 22nd, 5pm PST of their proposal status.
WSPA Student Poster Award
The WSPA Poster Committee will review all posters and present the first, second, and third place winners with cash awards. The awards are $200 for the first place, and $100 for the second and the third-place winners. First, second, and third place winners will be announced by EMAIL within a week following the Virtual Poster Session, i.e., no later than Friday, February 12th.
The WSPA Poster Committee will select the recipient(s) for the award based on the following criteria:
- The majority of the work and thought has been completed by student presenter(s).
- The poster demonstrates work that is recognized as a notable contribution to the profession of psychology.
- The poster will be evaluated for both the content (i.e., originality, focus, relevance to the profession of psychology, etc.) as well as for the design qualities of the poster (i.e., readability, appeal, graphics, etc.).
- The student who is the primary author of the poster will receive the recognition and monetary award, but this award can be shared by multiple presenters as desired.
Don’t wait- Submit your poster proposal here!
2018 Poster Session winner Soo Kim and Executive Director Marvo Reguindin.
2018 Poster Session