2019 Fall Convention - Poster Session
Call for Student Posters for the WSPA 2019 Fall Convention
Submission Deadline: Friday June 21, 2019
Washington State Psychological Association will include a student poster session at the 2019 Fall Convention at the Hilton Hotel in Bellevue, Washington, on Friday, October 11, 2019.
Graduate and undergraduate students in psychology in Washington State are invited to submit posters on any ongoing or completed research, especially any research highlighting this years Fall Conventions theme: Many Voices, One Community: Shaping the Future of Psychology Together.
- Students must be WSPA members to submit a poster. Student membership is $35, click on this link to join WSPA.
- If your proposal is accepted, Presenters will also need to register for the conference in order to present their posters, and can register at reduced WSPA student member rates here: CONFERENCE REGISTRATION
- WSPA Student members can Submit their poster proposals here.
WSPA Presidential Student Poster Award
This award is sponsored by past presidents of WSPA. The WSPA Poster Committee will recognize the student who presents the most outstanding poster with the WSPA Presidential Student Poster cash award. Second and third place posters will receive gift awards. The award will be presented during the Washington Psychologist Awards Luncheon on Friday.
The WSPA Poster Committee will select the recipient(s) for the award based on the following criteria:
- The majority of the work and thought has been completed by student presenter(s).
- The poster demonstrates work that is recognized as a notable contribution to the profession of psychology.
- The poster will be evaluated for both the content (i.e., originality, focus, relevance to the profession of psychology, etc.) as well as for the design qualities of the poster (i.e., readability, appeal, graphics, etc.).
- The student who is the primary author of the poster will receive the recognition and monetary award, but this award can be shared by multiple presenters as desired.
2018 Poster Session winner Soo Kim and Executive Director Marvo Reguindin.
2018 Poster Session
Instructions for Poster Presentations
Interested students must be WSPA members and need to login to their account to submit a poster application and abstract. If you are not a member, our annual student membership is $35 and you can join WSPA here. If your proposal is accepted, Presenters will also need to register for the conference in order to present their posters, and can register at reduced WSPA student member rates here: CONFERENCE REGISTRATION
Applications for the poster session must include the following information and can be submitted by logging into your account:
- Name of the presenter(s).
- Name of professor/instructor sponsoring poster submission.
- Title of the poster session.
- Abstract of no more than 500 words.
- Contact information, including email & phone number.
Poster session applications must be submitted online NO LATER THAN Friday, June 21, 2019, 5pm PST. Please log into your account to submit your poster proposal online.
All poster session applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis by the WSPA Conference Programming Committee. The primary presenter will be notified no later than Friday, July 12th, 5pm PST of their proposal status. If your proposal is accepted, Presenters will also need to register for the conference in order to present their posters, and can register for Friday only, or Friday and Saturday, at reduced WSPA student member rates here (note, convention rates include lunch).
Preparation of Poster: Printed posters should be in a landscape format no larger than 60" wide x 42" tall (5' wide x 3'5" tall); An easel will be provided for your poster. Please ensure that the poster clearly lists student presenter(s) and sponsoring professors/instructors. Presenters are responsible for copying any handouts/presentations for distribution to session participants.
Poster output sources:
Besides school print shops, all Kinkos can output the required poster size. Scientific Poster, Seattle is another option to output your poster http://scientificposterprinting.com/seattle
For additional guidelines on creating research posters, please see the following links:
Poster Session Schedule - Friday, October 11th
Set up: 8:00 am - 9:00 am.
10:30 - 10:50 - Convention break, please be available and by your posters for convention attendees
12:30 - 2 pm - WSPA Awards Lunch (included in registration fees); Poster Winner announcement
3:30 - 3:50 - Convention break, please be available and by your posters for convention attendees
5:30 - 6:00 - Annual Meeting (all WSPA members invited)
6:30 - 8:00 - Early Career Psychologist social in hotel lobby bar
2019 Sponsors to date:
Washington State Psychological Association (WSPA) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. WSPA maintains responsibility for this program and its content.