Internal and Convention CE Proposal Requirements
WSPA Approval for Continuing Education for Psychologists
The Washington State Psychological Association appreciates your interest in providing continuing education to psychologists. As we are approved by the American Psychological Association to offer CE credits to psychologists in Washington, the following application, documentation, and review process is required. WSPA is not qualified to give CE credit for web-based CE events at this time.
Below is a list of all materials that must be submitted to our business office in order for your application to be considered complete and for the review process to begin. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the application form and read the "Help for Writing Learning Objectives” paper, if you need some suggestions for your program objectives.
- Please include full curriculum vitae of presenter(s).
- Course outline, describing educational content for each separate time block. You may submit any additional narrative and/or material to help further describe your program.
- Ethics credit must highlight or emphasize ethical aspects of the subject matter and cite the specific APA Principles and sections of the APA Code of Ethics is being discussed.
A few tips:
- Take a look at this article on common problems with applications.
- For an in-depth look at the requirements for approval, see this link to the APA Standards and Criteria handbook.
The above described application and documentation should be received by our office 60 days prior to the event. The review process will take up to 30 days. You will be notified of the decision.
Within 30 days following the event, a complete list of attendees and a summary of the evaluation forms are to be sent to the WSPA office. Certificates will not be issued without valid proof of attendance. At this time the signed CE forms will be returned for distribution to attendees. (Note: The list of attendees will be kept in our office for three years following the event; there will be a $25.00 nonmember charge for all re-issued certificates.)